We are seeking an additional 1st line support member to add to our team. We offer fantastic training, a friendly, supportive environment, which encourages professional growth, and experience supporting the most up to date technologies.
Location: Godalming – Remote working options also available
Experience in an IT support role would be advantageous, but candidates with customer service experience who also have an interest or qualification in IT, plus a great attitude and energy will also be suited to this opportunity! If you are interested in starting a career in technology, have fantastic customer service and communication skills, and want to be part of an environment that reflects service excellence in all that they do, then this is an excellent opportunity for you!
- Help our clients with any tech question they need to raise, by phone, web or email.
- Deal with a wide variety of users with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Manage a demanding case load in line with with SLAs, as well as answering incoming calls and emails.
- Escalate issues quickly when appropriate to do so.
- Liaise with third parties and log tickets for vendor support and warranty claims.
- Research issues for which you dont have an immediate answer.
- Be proactive in keeping customers updated with the status of their support ticket.
- Think about not only how to fix a ticket, but how to ensure a problem doesn’t return.
- Manage changes in a way that minimises risks to the clients ability to operate.
Technologies you will be supporting / Advantageous to have knowledge on:
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365
- Hosted and Cloud services
- MS Exchange Server
- Anti Virus/Anti Malware Software
- Back Up Software and Hardware
- Server and Desktop Hardware
- IP Networking and Routing
- MS SQL
- Office 365 and the MS Office Suite.
- Active Directory
- On-premises Microsoft Exchange solutions
- Networking, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- The ability to be self-motivated and be highly organised.
- A genuine interest in IT and a desire to build your career.
- The ability to keep it simple, no ones impressed with jargon that only serves to belittle the end user.
- Experience of providing great customer service.
- The ability to remain calm and to make clients feel that they are the most important person on the planet!
If you have not heard back within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful.