We are keen to recruit a pro-active IT apprentice with a can-do, mature attitude towards their work. You will be required to undertake a variety of tasks and gain all round experience within a busy technical environment. This apprenticeship is for a minimum term of 18 months.
- Working with & supporting the team
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Handling of customer support inquiries on the telephone and through email.
- Working towards technical accreditations
- Evaluating new technologies
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around networking, firewalls and routing protocols
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around the Microsoft portfolio and Virtualisation Technologies
- An exceptional interest in IT, networking and IT infrastructures would really assist the successful applicant
- Extensive use of Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Project and Outlook and other software packages including sage
Desirable skills and personal qualities:
- Have experience of using computers at a reasonable level
- A quick learner
- Professional in their attitude
- Keen on career progression
- Flexible and willing to learn
- An understanding of basic IT
- Able to demonstrate good initiative
- Good to Excellent communication skills
- Ambitious attitude
- An excellent attendance record
- Interest in technology
- A good team player
- LAN Support will provide additional training through a variety of methods online, on the job or classroom based where appropriate, over and above the externally provided training as part of the apprenticeship scheme
- The option to gain a full time role once the apprenticeship is successfully completed (with a salary boost)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Salary: £230.62 per week + 20 days annual leave.
This program is ideal for school and college leavers.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org